Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day # 35  June 25 Ribadiso to Pedrouzo(23K)  

Day # 35  June 25 Ribadiso to Pedrouzo(23K)

Today was dominated by the fact that tomorrow is our last walk. I have mixed feelings about that. On the one hand I've enjoyed having so much time with Frances & not having the daily "worries" that come with simply "living". Of course we now go to Ireland for a time with Eileen & Kees & Frank & Mark. We first have to get a flight which is proving to be a challenge but we'll figure it out. We had a nice dinner tonight with Scott Kevin, Henry, 1Heather & Paul...always good fun. We hope to get an early start tomorrow & finish before 2pm. We will stay 2 nights in Santiago. We hope to leave from Porto in Portugal on Saturday and arrive in Ireland around 9pm (we think) but the air controllers strike in France may interfere. We are waiting for confirmation of our flight.

The dominant feature of today's was the huge numbers of pereginos who started in Sarria. There seemed to be 20-30 walkers close by at all times. It created a completely different atmosphere & I'm not sure I enjoyed it. I will be glad to finish tomorrow. Lots to see along the way but I have become a little complacent about the fabulous scenery. I hope you enjoy the photos & the limericks.

Before I finish tonight I have to say how much stronger Frances has become... some serious hills today were managed with NO stops, amazing!

 

Some limericks
 

Don't do the Camino With an ex

One or Other is likely to vex

Enjoy what you can

Whether woman or man

It's 800k with no sex

 

I like a small Baileys at night

With my sweetheart that's Frances; all right?

As we stumble home

I might write a poem

On someone's misfortune or plight

5 comments:

  1. You guys are AWESOME! !! So proud of you both. And yes you are probably having mixed emotions with the end so near. Your journey has dan and I thinking. I need to get my ass in shape. And I am talking about my ass...not my wonderful other half hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great to hear from you. We finished today and it feels great ...should chat soon! Back after July 5th

      Delete
  2. Are you there yet?! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...we are here in Santiago It is an amazing city. The atmosphere is "electric".

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on finishing.
    That white Renault 4 looks pretty good, since it has to be old. We had one like that, also in white 44 years ago. Our first car.

    ReplyDelete